Optima Opus Now In Service.

jesi2282

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its similar to using a 7500 bus on a route like the 11 or 64 (using that strictly for example purposes): you know its unnecessary to use a bus that's inappropriate for that route, but if its in your garage, and if a run needs a bus, you go ahead and use it. Yes, it sounds odd (and a 500 on a route like that is), but if it does the trick to transport passengers, then yes.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an Optima yesterday on the #68, leaving Jefferson Park Terminal, and it looked almost empty

I saw one on either 80 or X80 last Saturday, down on inner Lake Shore Drive south of Irving Park. If my memory is good, I think it was 515. The destination sign on that bus is so dim it is useless (saw the same bus on the 84 on the previous Friday too).

I saw one on either 80 or X80 last Saturday, down on inner Lake Shore Drive south of Irving Park. If my memory is good, I think it was 515. The destination sign on that bus is so dim it is useless (saw the same bus on the 84 on the previous Friday too).

I'm guessing it was a X80. Less stops=less passengers. <_< This is the best way to use the Optimas at FG. If you are going to put them on routes outside of short, low-ridership ones, put them on express routes. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I saw bus 504 on the #173, the destination sign still said: CHICAGO IS (flip) MY KIND OF TOWN.

Ive spoken to ex coworkers at FG they tell me the Optimas have been used on Belmont EB morning rush trips.

They themselves couldnt believe it. So far "The Glen" has 515, 524, 519, 523.519