Red Line trains announcements not saying all line transfers

verive.m

Noticed this a few days ago, seems to be random. One day, Brown Line wasn't mentioned when listing transfers at Lake and Jackson, and today, no lines other than Blue Line were stated. I have audio recordings of these I can post if no one believes me. Does anyone know why this is?

Noticed this a few days ago, seems to be random. One day, Brown Line wasn't mentioned when listing transfers at Lake and Jackson, and today, no lines other than Blue Line were stated. I have audio recordings of these I can post if no one believes me. Does anyone know why this is?

Sometimes the train operator "cuts off" the announcements as they tend to be longer in the downtown area. If they were late pushing the button for the announcement (especially when they are already pulling into the next station), they will cut it off and play the next announcement. Some operators don't like really playing them at all ans will cut it after the station is announced, others are forgetful and wind up playing the wrong announcement sometimes. I haven't been on the L in a while, but I seriously doubt the announcements for the transfers have been changed.

That's not the case. It's the full announcement. Same lines were said at next stop and arrival announcements too. Today's was on a 95th bound Red Line, about to board Howard bound, going to see if it does the same.

Well on the announcement where just the blue line connection was announce.... Were you travelling reaaaaaly late at night? Cause if that's the case then that's normal as it would be the only connection made (same with Belmont and Fullerton only announcing purple line transfers in the rush hour)

Well on the announcement where just the blue line connection was announce.... Were you travelling reaaaaaly late at night? Cause if that's the case then that's normal as it would be the only connection made (same with Belmont and Fullerton only announcing purple line transfers in the rush hour)

Unless 9:30am is late at night.

Unless 9:30am is late at night.

Then it would fall back to what Art says may have happened. I was on the Red Line just on Friday and all the connections available at the time I was riding were announced. so the operators you've been getting might have been turning off the announcements or clicking past them. I notice some Purple Line operators do that on particular runs of the Purple Line Express.

Then it would fall back to what Art says may have happened. I was on the Red Line just on Friday and all the connections available at the time I was riding were announced. so the operators you've been getting might have been turning off the announcements or clicking past them. I notice some Purple Line operators do that on particular runs of the Purple Line Express.

Trust me, they were not cut off or not played. It displayed on the LED sign the same as it sounded. My phone isn't letting me get the audio file of the recording, so I'll have to go through another method to get the recording uploaded.

If the operator keys in the incorrect prefix before the run number (at least on the older series cars, not sure how the system on the 5000s works), then you'll get the transfer announcements associated with a time of day other than when you're actually riding.

This might explain it. Thanks!

Coming from a line that doesn't say "This is a Purple Line Express to the Loop" and "This is a Purple Line Express to Linden". :huh::blink::(:mellow:

Blue Line at Clinton stop needs an Announcement "Transfer to Greyhound/ Mega Buses and Amtrak Trains @ Clinton".

Essentially no need to advertise private enterprises, and in this case, those that serve a lower demographic than even CTA.

CTA doesn't even acknowledge Pace. I'm somewhat surprised that it recognizes the train stations, but maybe there is some transfer traffic to be served.

Essentially no need to advertise private enterprises, and in this case, those that serve a lower demographic than even CTA.

CTA doesn't even acknowledge Pace. I'm somewhat surprised that it recognizes the train stations, but maybe there is some transfer traffic to be served.

Well CTA recognizes rails *Metra and South Shore trains. (Randolph Station)

CTA recognizes City Hall and the Thompson Center (Clark/Lake).

I can;t remember if CTA acknowledges Amtrak at Quincy though not apparently at Clinotn. However I;ve seen signage at the mezzanine level pointing passengers in one direction to Union Station and the other direction to Greyhound station.

Well CTA recognizes rails *Metra and South Shore trains. (Randolph Station)

CTA recognizes City Hall and the Thompson Center (Clark/Lake).

I can;t remember if CTA acknowledges Amtrak at Quincy though not apparently at Clinotn. However I;ve seen signage at the mezzanine level pointing passengers in one direction to Union Station and the other direction to Greyhound station.

On the Red Line, with Washington closed, why don't they have Lee Crooks say Metra, South Shore, City Hall, the Daley Center, and the Thompson Center for Lake?

And why doesn't Crooks announce Metra and South Shore for Washington Blue Line?

...I can;t remember if CTA acknowledges Amtrak at Quincy though not apparently at Clinotn. However I;ve seen signage at the mezzanine level pointing passengers in one direction to Union Station and the other direction to Greyhound station.

They do at Quincy, but not at the Green and Pink Line Clinton. The Blue Line Clinton has a acknowledgement about Amtrak though.