More Bus Moves

sw4400

Yeah I believe Fg just does the #205 & #206 now.

Lol I know, neither of which I mentioned my friend. I only mentioned 97, which is still NP and why I said that 1328 being on that route suggests that the other borrowed NFs besides that one might have gotten returned to NP from FG.

#4355's on the #152. #4193's on 79th.

Yep, it looks as if those those two units represent the highest and lowest fleet numbers respectively from this past weekend's swap: 77th received 4193-4197 in exchange for 4351-4355. (4192 and 4356 haven't been moved --- yet).

Meanwhile, it looks as if NP also received 4385-4389 from Chicago Ave.; but nothing seems to have been traded to C from NP, either artics or standards --- at least as far as I know. (At first I'd thought that 4387 was a loaner for the Shuttle when it first turned up on Saturday. But 4385, 4386, & 4389 have since shown up on The Tracker in NP service).

Hmmm no wonder why I've seen a lot of white patches on #67 signs because of this silly mistake on 69th/Michigan lol. :D

I almost said "What mistake?" until I caught it. Yeah that would be up to a mile and a half beyond where that route operates depending on what leg of the route you're measuring from. The infamous lack of CTA proofreading strikes again. :lol: On a more serious note though, you got to wondering how much extra money CTA spends through its sign department just from correcting errors on bus stop signs that are do to lack of proofreading when a sign's image template was still inside the agency's computer graphics systems being generated.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm no wonder why I've seen a lot of white patches on #67 signs because of this silly mistake on 69th/Michigan lol. :D

Wooooooow its so subtle at first :lol: almost asked what the mistake was. Speaking of errors 2 things I notice is 24 Wentworth STILL treats the routing through the Chatham shopping center as a detour on the clever device. And (most annoying at the moment) also eastbound #87 87th pull outs starting at Halsted show up on the Vincennes bus stop on bustracker for some reason sending people off.

• Upvote 1

I almost said "What mistake?" until I caught it. Yeah that would be up to a mile and a half beyond where that route operates depending on what leg of the route you're measuring from. The infamous lack of CTA proofreading strikes again. :lol: On a more serious note though, you got to wondering how much extra money CTA spends through its sign department just from correcting errors on bus stop signs that are do to lack of proofreading when a sign's image template was still inside the agency's computer graphics systems being generated.

It isn't the mistake you think, as those routes serve that corner. See BusTracker:

post-14-0-19548800-1398737084_thumb.jpg

As I see the mistake, it is that the sign says N5 goes to 69th-Red Line, while it is in fact leaving there for 95th.

You might have stumbled onto something else though. The signs at the auction were new signs, such as 14 Jeffery Jump, 11 Lincoln only north of Western, and 148 to Marine Dr.-Foster. Maybe that's how CTA gets rid of its overstock or goofs.

It isn't the mistake you think, as those routes serve that corner. See BusTracker:

attachicon.gif69th and Mich.jpg

As I see the mistake, it is that N5 goes to 69th-Red Line, while it is in fact leaving there for 95th.

You might have stumbled onto something else though. The signs at the auction were new signs, such as 14 Jeffery Jump, 11 Lincoln only north of Western, and 148 to Marine Dr.-Foster. Maybe that's how CTA gets rid of its overstock or goofs.

I think you missed what I almost missed. Look closely at the route name given for the 67 on the bus stop sign again and see if you catch it. :lol:

• Upvote 2

I think you missed what I almost missed. Look closely at the route name given for the 67 on the bus stop sign again and see if you catch it. :lol:

So there are two goofs. It isn't really that 79th is 1.5 miles from 69th, but that somehow the middle of the route name missed both CTA and me. At least I didn't miss N5 to 69th.

Lol it's like saying how much they get paid to be screw ups??? :D

Lol it's like saying how much they get paid to be screw ups??? :D

From tonight's CTA Tattler, the question probably is when Emperor Frosty the First is going to start lopping off heads.

A couple of years back, someone was fingered for messing up Belmont on all the L maps in the cars.

• Upvote 1

Wooooooow its so subtle at first :lol: almost asked what the mistake was. Speaking of errors 2 things I notice is 24 Wentworth STILL treats the routing through the Chatham shopping center as a detour on the clever device. And (most annoying at the moment) also eastbound #87 87th pull outs starting at Halsted show up on the Vincennes bus stop on bustracker for some reason sending people off.

Hmmm well that's interesting. Probably an outdated system yet to be revamped.

From tonight's CTA Tattler, the question probably is when Emperor Frosty the First is going to start lopping off heads.

A couple of years back, someone was fingered for messing up Belmont on all the L maps in the cars.

Yeah I definitely remembered that. It was spelled Bemont without the L. Hmmm coincidence??? (About the L)

Yeah I definitely remembered that. It was spelled Bemont without the L. Hmmm coincidence??? (About the L)

I've mentioned the Church of No L at 63rd and Dorchester, although some have given me some flack about my conclusions derived therefrom.

No L, No L, No L, No L, Born is the King....

So there are two goofs. It isn't really that 79th is 1.5 miles from 69th, but that somehow the middle of the route name missed both CTA and me. At least I didn't miss N5 to 69th.

To be fair to you though, you and I don't get paid to catch that particular error. Plus it is pretty subtle like Sam pointed out. But CTA still has a history of missing that type of mistake, and some of them are not as subtle as someone entering 79th in place of 69th.

A new route, Rt 67 67th/79th/71st. I saw the N5 mistake. I wonder if the sign maker and the Blue Line O'Hare crash operator are taking the same pill?.

The Salary Spreadsheet has the names of several people in the Reprographics Dept. I thought someone we knew was there, but not.

While I like the idea behind CTA signs, maybe they should go in Pace's direction of just number, or back to the blank blue Bus Stop signs.

But. maybe the new route has to do with the restructuring of #94. :rolleyes::D

• Upvote 1

A new route, Rt 67 67th/79th/71st. I saw the N5 mistake. I wonder if the sign maker and the Blue Line O'Hare crash operator are taking the same pill?.

You spotted another CTA goof-up in that sign that Garmon didn't realize he captured in that pic. You're right that they goofed up on the N5 part of the sign too since if that's a sign for the eastbound side of 69th street, the N5 destination should say 95th/Red Line station and not the 69th Street station.

You spotted another CTA goof-up in that sign that Garmon didn't realize he captured in that pic. You're right that they goofed up on the N5 part of the sign too since if that's a sign for the eastbound side of 69th street, the N5 destination should say 95th/Red Line station and not the 69th Street station.

I had mentioned it above, and didn't really take it hat Garmon had specified the error. All he had mentioned was "this silly mistake," although he did mention patches on #67 signs.

If it is on #67 signs not combined with these routes, then various files used to generate signs must be messed up. Then there would also be the issue of what's on the westbound signs.

4129-4133 are now appearing on Bus Tracker assigned to the 66. As recently as yesterday, those units were still operating out of NP. So it's become an even trade after all for 4385-4389.

That leaves Chicago Ave. with only eight 4300s: 4377-4384.

4129-4133 are now appearing on Bus Tracker assigned to the 66. As recently as yesterday, those units were still operating out of NP. So it's become an even trade after all for 4385-4389.

That leaves Chicago Ave. with only eight 4300s: 4377-4384.

With Chicago now having only 8 #4300's and NP having 15 buses left in the #4134-49 range, I wonder if these will be gone next?

And sadly enough that it supposed to last until September. It's really a mess over there because that's part of my bike delivery range and I'm not trying to get myself hurt getting around that bridge on Halsted by the Blue Line.

Hooray! It's about time something good occurred on transit thanks to road construction. Now, all those passengers will be on a westbound (|outbound) bus, and when it runs by the original Al's Italian Beef on Taylor St, they'll notice, and react swiftly! ("Wait a minute.That's the one Adam Richman raved about. Pull the cord. Let's get off and eat there!")

With Chicago now having only 8 #4300's and NP having 15 buses left in the #4134-49 range, I wonder if these will be gone next?

well going by the pattern of 1 for 1 trades it'll most likely by 4377-4384 for 4134-4141 with 4142-4149 staying where they are. If they are trying to make 77th all hybrid artics as well then they got 21 diesels to trade out and in the end it'll be

C -4106 -4141

77th- 4178-4207

NP 4333-4399 plus its now scattered asortment of hybrid (4050-4079, 4142-4177)? [im aware I may be off a few numbers, I'll edit and fix in the morning before work if no one beats me to it by then :P ]

well going by the pattern of 1 for 1 trades it'll most likely by 4377-4384 for 4134-4141 with 4142-4149 staying where they are. If they are trying to make 77th all hybrid artics as well then they got 21 diesels to trade out and in the end it'll be C -4106 -414177th- 4178-4207 NP 4333-4399 plus its now scattered asortment of hybrid (4050-4079, 4142-4177)? [im aware I may be off a few numbers, I'll edit and fix in the morning before work if no one beats me to it by then :P ]

77th should get 4172-4207 if they're trading their non-hybrids for hybrids, straight up.