More Bus Moves

sw4400

I know this is a transit forum but I did appreciate the comments about area supermarkets. I hadn't thought about Del Farm in some time. I also thought that Cermak Produce was owned by the same people who owned Jewel [because of the Everyday Essentials brands sold there]. :lol:

No. It came up with regard to purchasing 2 Dominick's (6600 N. Damen, and McCormick in Lincolnwood) that they are owned by Greeks but mostly cater to Hispanics.

The issue, noted by jajuan and me before, is that SuperValu diluted its brands by not only selling them at Jewel, but also to independent grocers they supply, such as Produce World (Norridge, Morton Grove, and Skokie). Pretty much, stores here are supplied by SuperValu, Centrella (which owns some, such as Strack & Van Til and Ultra), Certified, and Topco (including Roundy's and Meijer*). Caputo's say they are IGA.

One thing I noted that changed after Cerberus took over Jewel is that it now has some brands from independent distributors, such as Dutch Farms (actually a Dutch farm in Pullman; one time they were in Lansing).

The one brand that is owned by the people who owned Jewel (and still licensed by SuperValu) is Sav-a-lot. Like Aldi, they have their own roster of "designer brands." And if you look at the shelf price tags at Target, those for Market Pantry say in small type SuperValu.

*I remember them from Hillman's, which is really going back, but apparently they are now mostly in store brands.

• Upvote 1

Could also be the #7900's are close to arriving and they see an opportunity to scrap a few old 77th novas at fg. Maybe np doesn't need the buses with so many artics. Like I say they are going to have to do something with 80 first year novas at fg with this first order anyway. Funny buses are in numerical sequence. Maybe some more are coming over this weekend. Besides wasn't someone preaching on here saying they were running extra buses after the end of the ryan project?

Saying NP probably was overstacked with ARTICS, which more than one person has said besides myself, is not the same thing as saying NP has too many extra buses overall. And I think you know that. :);) Nice try though. Plus a few random buses picked out of NP's 1300s and a few random ones out of the 1700s isn't exactly numerical sequence. Numerical sequence is what we're seeing in the simultaneous artic trades between 77th with NP and Chicago with NP, 4110s through 4120s from NP for Chicago's 4390s and 4190s through 4207 from NP for 4340s and some 4350s from 77th.

It's not even confirmed if more 7900's have arrived yet so far it's still just that one bus at Chicago garage. They should start rolling in soon and going in service in may as planned.

Good point. So again I wouldn't read too much into the NP NF 1000 sightings on a few FG routes yesterday and Thursday as evidenced by none of them are showing up on FG routes today.

For about two weeks, I've noticed that the display monitor above the windshield has shown "Please Logon" or a variation of this. Anyone know what's causing this?

It appears that the part of the database that includes badge numbers has gotten deleted. The run still logs on and works like it should, but the badge number does not. This started about a week ago now (4/20 or so) at FG.

Saying NP probably was overstacked with ARTICS, which more than one person has said besides myself, is not the same thing as saying NP has too many extra buses overall. And I think you know that. :);) Nice try though. Plus a few random buses picked out of NP's 1300s and a few random ones out of the 1700s isn't exactly numerical sequence. Numerical sequence is what we're seeing in the simultaneous artic trades between 77th with NP and Chicago with NP, 4110s through 4120s from NP for Chicago's 4390s and 4190s through 4207 from NP for 4340s and some 4350s from 77th.

Good point. So again I wouldn't read too much into the NP NF 1000 sightings on a few FG routes yesterday and Thursday as evidenced by none of them are showing up on FG routes today.

Has anybody considered this might be the start of an attempt to move hybrid artics from North Park so they go to garages with indoor storage (77th, Kedzie, Chicago)?

Well you'll be happy to hear Jajuan, no NF's are on FG routes today, :( but I don't see the NP buses at NP either. :D If FG needed spares, then why not send a few Chicago Novas over, instead of a foreign bus? At least if FG is short on buses, it shows that all 12 year buses may not be working there so maybe in the future they will get some NF's there are only so many junks you can repair until you can't keep up with service.

Has anybody considered this might be the start of an attempt to move hybrid artics from North Park so they go to garages with indoor storage (77th, Kedzie, Chicago)?

Perhaps. But maybe it's also to do with doing weekend rail shuttle work since NP has had hybrid artics for years now without its being an outdoor garage being too much an issue.

Well you'll be happy to hear Jajuan, no NF's are on FG routes today, :( but I don't see the NP buses at NP either. :D If FG needed spares, then why not send a few Chicago Novas over, instead of a foreign bus? At least if FG is short on buses, it shows that all 12 year buses may not be working there so maybe in the future they will get some NF's there are only so many junks you can repair until you can't keep up with service.

I already noted that. But I never said I had a problem with FG running NFs again. I live just north of Peterson and seeing all those Novas on the 84 has been rather boring these past few weeks. My only point was folks were a little too quick to leap to the conclusion that NFs were being reassigned there all that soon after they got snatched by 77th when the evidence just wasn't pointing to a transfer but was pointing to loans instead.

Maybe that other member's thought that NP would get the D60LFRs isn't too far off the mark if they trade any further beyond what's traded this weekend. 4352 is showing up on 147.

Well so far its pretty hard to tell exactly whats been traded this weekend so far because 79th's using mainly 1000's except for 4199 & 4365. And as far as NP only 4352 is a confirmed sighting in exchange for someone else saying 4196 is down here

I think it's pretty safe to assume that 4196 and 4352 were part of a small overnight swap between NP and 77th.

But I believe that 4387 may be a loaner, probably intended for the Blue Line Shuttle. Here's why: 4129 and 4131, which likely would have been next in line for trades to Chicago Ave. are still running out of NP. Also, 4108, another Chicago Ave. unit, was operating on Clark Street yesterday evening after very likely being sent over for the Shuttle.

Incidentally, 4196 sang its NorthPark swan song on Clark Street last night.