interesting sighting two weeks ago

MRChiCity

Two weeks ago I rode the 205 at around twelve thirty, normally those 205 runs are out of forest glen but on this day I noticed a 205 out of North Park with a P205 in the run box. I know some 205 runs are out of North Park but most of the 205 runs that time of day are out of Forest Glenn. What could have happened and why was the run numbered P205? Thanks.

Two weeks ago I rode the 205 at around twelve thirty, normally those 205 runs are out of forest glen but on this day I noticed a 205 out of North Park with a P205 in the run box. I know some 205 runs are out of North Park but most of the 205 runs that time of day are out of Forest Glenn. What could have happened and why was the run numbered P205? Thanks.

Just happened to be coincidence most likely as far as run number matching the route number.The main broader reason the operator may have had run P205 is because that operator did a part of their work day driving on the 22 Clark since P2xx are run numbers for operators on the 22 That person either relieved another operator before/after the stint on the 22 or drove a direct interline.

There's no P205 that does 205, two things might have happened. The driver might have been pulled from doing Clark to do a trip or two on 205. Or like jajuan said there probably was a previous driver had run 205 and the box didnt change.

On the latter though, one would have to assume that the destination sign wasn't correct, as the log in into the Clever Devices also controls the destination sign (and a whole lotta other stuff), and supposedly is based on the run number and driver i.d.

On the latter though, one would have to assume that the destination sign wasn't correct, as the log in into the Clever Devices also controls the destination sign (and a whole lotta other stuff), and supposedly is based on the run number and driver i.d.

It was a 205 as it was on Old orchard Road heading east from the Skokie courts. As I got on I noticed the driver had a map next to her, now why would that be?

It was a 205 as it was on Old orchard Road heading east from the Skokie courts. As I got on I noticed the driver had a map next to her, now why would that be?

I didn't say the bus was on the wrong route. I asked if the headsign said "205 Chicago/Golf to Howard Red Line."

If it did, then the run number displayed in that sign was correct.

I didn't say the bus was on the wrong route. I asked if the headsign said "205 Chicago/Golf to Howard Red Line."

If it did, then the run number displayed in that sign was correct.

Yes it did indeed say, "205 Chicago/Golf to Howard Red Line." Back to my point in that most of the 205 runs at that hour are out of Forest Glenn and not North Park. Could there have been a shortage at the Glenn? Could this have been a fill-in run?