HOW CLOSE "L" GETS TO JRW LITTLE LEAGUE CHAMPIONS HOME FIELD

chicagopcclcar

The closest a CTA "L" can get to the home field of Jackie Robinson West Little League is the "fence track" in the 98th St. Red line yards....at least until a Red Extension gets built. Here is the 2009 IRM Snowflake Charter moving on that track near E. 100th St. and S. Michigan Ave. in the median of the I-94 Bishop Ford Freeway. GO CHAMPIONS! And, that's a baseball signboard saying "This Train Stops At 35 For White Sox Baseball Today".

CharterApproachesMichigan-1.jpg
P1040426-1.jpg

P1040431.jpg

The fence track has been cleared by yard personnel.

Charter5ftor5inAway.jpg

Batter up. 5 ft from the bumping post. No room left. The Interstate 94 East, to Indiana, Detroit, MI; The Interstate 94 West, to Circle Interchange/ soon to be renamed, Mayor Jane Byrne Interchange.

Quinn must really be desperate to rename the Circle. No one will call it that!

It don't matter, because:

• The 103rd and Stewart station isn't open.
  • As far as I can tell the rally at 105th and Morgan has been hijacked by the stinking politicians, who haven't brought the 103rd and Eggleston station into being.

The Little Leaguers are maybe 12, so what age are they going to be when Mayor Patrick Thompson brings that to them? But, in the meantime, they can always ride a consultant's report.

• Upvote 1

It don't matter, because:

• The 103rd and Stewart station isn't open.
  • As far as I can tell the rally at 105th and Morgan has been hijacked by the stinking politicians, who haven't brought the 103rd and Eggleston station into being.

The Little Leaguers are maybe 12, so what age are they going to be when Mayor Patrick Thompson brings that to them? But, in the meantime, they can always ride a consultant's report.

It's election season so of course politicians took this as a chance to be seen. But I'm quite sure most paid less attention to the politicians and focused most of their attention on the kids and the chance to do what we don't see enough of these days, which is come together and have have fun as a city and region as well as celebrate the all too rare good news and positive media coverage from the south side.

It's election season so of course politicians took this as a chance to be seen. But I'm quite sure most paid less attention to the politicians and focused most of their attention on the kids and the chance to do what we don't see enough of these days, which is come together and have have fun as a city and region as well as celebrate the all too rare good news and positive media coverage from the south side.

Channel 7 seemed focused on the stinking politicians, including their banners on the foul line fence, so I turned it off until it got to introducing the players at Millennium Park. I also didn't see or hear of the crowd booing Quinn like the BlackHawks crowd did.

If anyone can tell me what Duke Emil Jones III did for the team, I would like to know, but I am sure that it was about as much as the 98th Yard did (the yard itself, not the crew).

Update: Kass seems to summarize how the politicians took it away from the kids, although, as I said, I didn't stick around for that.

Channel 7 seemed focused on the stinking politicians, including their banners on the foul line fence, so I turned it off until it got to introducing the players at Millennium Park. I also didn't see or hear of the crowd booing Quinn like the BlackHawks crowd did.

If anyone can tell me what Duke Emil Jones III did for the team, I would like to know, but I am sure that it was about as much as the 98th Yard did (the yard itself, not the crew).

Update: Kass seems to summarize how the politicians took it away from the kids, although, as I said, I didn't stick around for that.

Really this was for the politicos. I was just awe struck at the media exposure for a team that lost the championship. The main theme to me that the politicos we're sending was that this was an inner city team with high crime around them, yet they beat that and made a success of themselves. I think the kids were awe struck. This sends a good message of hope to the community and happy people mean votes especially if the politicos are right there shaking their hands. But that was way overboard. At least the kids have something they'll never forget!! :)

I watched coverage on Channel 9 and from what I caught of it, Channel 9 focused on the kids first and foremost and then the large crowds of folks from across different south side communities lined up along Halsted and other parts of the parade route to cheer these kids on for what they were able to do and giving them one good memory in their childhoods that in that one moment at least they are getting positive media coverage and aren't automatically viewed negatively because of the communities where their families set up roots. As for not winning the World Series, that does not matter. They are still the US Champions and that in and of itself will stay with them for life.

Really this was for the politicos. I was just awe struck at the media exposure for a team that lost the championship. The main theme to me that the politicos we're sending was that this was an inner city team with high crime around them, yet they beat that and made a success of themselves. I think the kids were awe struck. This sends a good message of hope to the community and happy people mean votes especially if the politicos are right there shaking their hands. But that was way overboard. At least the kids have something they'll never forget!! :)

I would never have said this before the final game, but the JRW kids never had a chance against South Korea.

All of those Asian Little League teams are closer to professionals, than being just a bunch of kids that play ball for fun.

Plus they're drawn from a much larger geographical area & are the cream of the entire South Korean Little League.

In addition to going to school, they live & breathe baseball all year long. There has also been a long held belief in this country that some of them are too old for Little League, but unproven.

I would never have said this before the final game, but the JRW kids never had a chance against South Korea....

I'm surprised there isn't a post about how close the Kimball yard is to Little Korea, home of the World Champs.

On champs point, JRW still won the U.S. Championship. It was reported that even the Philadelphia team was given a parade even though they were double eliminated.

But to make it clear, I was not saying anything about the players.

I'm surprised there isn't a post about how close the Kimball yard is to Little Korea, home of the World Champs.

On champs point, JRW still won the U.S. Championship. It was reported that even the Philadelphia team was given a parade even though they were double eliminated.

But to make it clear, I was not saying anything about the players.

I think most of us got that you weren't speaking ill of the players but was pretty much disgusted that the politicos were out trying to outshine the kids.

Loop-bound Purple Line Express trains have a sign that says that trains will stop at Sheridan for weeknight Cubs games. I don't know if Red Line trains have a similar sign for Sox games.

They don't. The reason the Purple Line Express has signs for the Cubs is because Sheridan isn't a regular stop for those trains outside of that special stop for Cubs games. As far as I know it isn't even on the automatic stop announcement system. The rail operators announce that stop themselves.

They don't. The reason the Purple Line Express has signs for the Cubs is because Sheridan isn't a regular stop for those trains outside of that special stop for Cubs games. As far as I know it isn't even on the automatic stop announcement system. The rail operators announce that stop themselves.

That's the case. All Red Line trains stop at Addison and 35th-Sox, so there is no need for special notices.