Green Line Service during Red Line South Reconstruction

jtrosario

Here is a link to the Green Line Service during the Red Line South Reconstruction Project leaflet:

http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/redlinesouth/13gg015_Red_South_Green_Line_Srvc_Leaflet_20130513final.pdf

It clears up the argument of whether there will be green "Roosevelt" and "Loop" signs on the short turned Green Line trains during the project.

It clears up the argument of whether there will be green "Roosevelt" and "Loop" signs on the short turned Green Line trains during the project.

Yes.

Also, it probably results in an inference for the purposes of the L rosters topic that the Green Line will use 5000s with reprogrammed signs, in that I doubt that CTA would buy another 360 rollers only to add the Green Roosevelt sign.* I suppose that those having seen the signs roll through their readings may have an observation on that.

*Unless that was an established short turn, which I doubt.

Yes.

Also, it probably results in an inference for the purposes of the L rosters topic that the Green Line will use 5000s with reprogrammed signs, in that I doubt that CTA would buy another 360 rollers only to add the Green Roosevelt sign.* I suppose that those having seen the signs roll through their readings may have an observation on that.

*Unless that was an established short turn, which I doubt.

They used to have Green 'Loop' signs for the 2400's, but that was about 5 years ago. Roosevelt was never utilized (or thought) as a viable short-turn.

I went to the www.redlinesouth.com website and did some trip planning. It appears that during off peak hours all Green Line trains (12 min freq) or more will go to cottage Grove with no short turns. It looks like morning rush trains that normally would go to Ashland will be short turned at Roosevelt, and afternoon trains that normally would go to Ashland are being routed around the Loop on the Brown Line tracks. Basically I will just have to take a special trip to ride the Red Line through the 13th St incline just for the fun of it. The last time I remember riding the Red Line through there, it caught me by surprise and I was unable to take pics.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I've seen an uptick in the number of 2400s on the Orange Line. Whereas I haven't really seen any lately, yesterday there were back to back 8 car consists of 2400s on the Orange Line, with a preceding train a six car consist of 2400s on the Green Line, something I haven't seen llately either.,

I went to the www.redlinesouth.com website and did some trip planning. It appears that during off peak hours all Green Line trains (12 min freq) or more will go to cottage Grove with no short turns. It looks like morning rush trains that normally would go to Ashland will be short turned at Roosevelt, and afternoon trains that normally would go to Ashland are being routed around the Loop on the Brown Line tracks. Basically I will just have to take a special trip to ride the Red Line through the 13th St incline just for the fun of it. The last time I remember riding the Red Line through there, it caught me by surprise and I was unable to take pics.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I've seen an uptick in the number of 2400s on the Orange Line. Whereas I haven't really seen any lately, yesterday there were back to back 8 car consists of 2400s on the Orange Line, with a preceding train a six car consist of 2400s on the Green Line, something I haven't seen llately either.,

1. At least now you have the benefit of walking between the Roosevelt stations (something that was not available then, and would be relevant if you are coming from Lake).

2. 2400s on Orange probably a consequence of the Wells St. bridge work being done.

Yeah Busjack is probably right about the 2400s back on the Orange Line because a full eight car consist of them were on the line Tuesday morning also. It struck me more of a surprise that the train was all 2400s since the last time I saw 2400s on the Orange Line before the Wells Street project, the trains I spotted them on were a mix of both 2400s and 3200s.