Big Move! Orange Line, This Budd's For You

chicagopcclcar

Overheard on radio....99th St. and Howard told to immediately locate and assemble a whole list of 2800s and 2900s and transfer them to the Orange line. No reason given over the radio. Thought you numbers people would like to get ahead of the game.

DH

P.S. How fast are they moving on this....Operator called in and said 2909 is his head car SB at 87th. Control called 95th right away.

Overheard on radio....99th St. and Howard told to immediately locate and assemble a whole list of 2800s and 2900s and transfer them to the Orange line. No reason given over the radio. Thought you numbers people would like to get ahead of the game.

DH

P.S. How fast are they moving on this....Operator called in and said 2909 is his head car SB at 87th. Control called 95th right away.

Wow, that's good news. 2800s and 2900s are headed to the Orange Line. I wonder what's going to happen to the 3200s. I know about the 2400s are ready for retirement.

This probably all coincides with 3269-3294 being assigned to the Brown Line. After the Wells Bridge construction is over, things will be returned to normalcy most likely. The 2800-2900's rumored to assignment to the Orange Line(at the time of posting, the Orange Line roster hasn't been updated) is more than likely just until then.

Back several years ago when I rode the Red Line to and from high school, I noticed that the 2600s from 2600-2800 have a particular set of destination signs on their mylar rolls and 2801+ up have a different set of destinations on their rolls. This can be seen on southbound trains; the destination directly under the '95th' sign is either a black generic sign [2600-2800] or a Yellow Line sign [2801+]. I don't believe the curtains have been changed since other than the new reports of the revised red Ashland/63 signs now coming in.

The 2800s and 2900s perhaps may have the Roosevelt sign or another beneficial sign that requires the sudden move to Orange Line.

I saw a set of 3200s and a set of 2600s doing the Brown Line in the subway today. I noticed they had little red squares underneath the cab windows. I'm guessing they did this to indicate which cars had the proper signage to operate subway trips.

The set of 3200s was heading north (didn't catch the run number). The 2600s were on a Midway run in the 720-series (725 or 726 or something), and on Train Tracker the train showed up as going "To Roosevelt/Midway via subway".

I saw a set of 3200s and a set of 2600s doing the Brown Line in the subway today. I noticed they had little red squares underneath the cab windows. I'm guessing they did this to indicate which cars had the proper signage to operate subway trips.

The set of 3200s was heading north (didn't catch the run number). The 2600s were on a Midway run in the 720-series (725 or 726 or something), and on Train Tracker the train showed up as going "To Roosevelt/Midway via subway".

I did see #3255-56 in the same consist with #2900's (#2907-08, #2911-12) on the Brown line. There were also a few #2800's. The purple line #2500 cars Busjack was talking about, were running on the Red line to replace what they lost. The Brown line service ran alot smoother than yesterday.

I did see #3255-56 in the same consist with #2900's (#2907-08, #2911-12) on the Brown line. There were also a few #2800's. The purple line #2500 cars Busjack was talking about, were running on the Red line to replace what they lost. The Brown line service ran alot smoother than yesterday.

And this is a result of the Purple Line Express not running at all during this work week. Thus, some Purple Line 2400s were temporarily transferred back to the Red Line because the Purple Line doesn't need more than about 30 to 40 cars total for the shuttle service.