Selling 77th Garage Parking Lot

Busjack

CTA has a proposal on its bids page to sell the land where the parking lot is at 79th and Wentworth.

The best I can figure out from the proposal is that they want someone to develop a strip shopping center next to the former Dominick's one on 79th, remediate the environmental problems on the property, build a new driveway extending 78th St. from Perry to the garage entrance, and of most interest, build a replacement parking lot where about 150 NABIs are parked in the dead lot (aerial diagram shows that).

post-14-0-07583900-1360096704_thumb.jpg

I wonder if any land on 79th St. is worth that.

But sw, apparently CTA is not going to use the NABI parking grounds for 4300s.

CTA has a proposal on its bids page to sell the land where the parking lot is at 79th and Wentworth.

The best I can figure out from the proposal is that they want someone to develop a strip shopping center next to the former Dominick's one on 79th, remediate the environmental problems on the property, build a new driveway extending 78th St. from Perry to the garage entrance, and of most interest, build a replacement parking lot where about 150 NABIs are parked in the dead lot (aerial diagram shows that).

attachicon.gif79th.jpg

I wonder if any land on 79th St. is worth that.

But sw, apparently CTA is not going to use the NABI parking grounds for 4300s.

Where would 4300's or 4000's go then? If the CTA intends to put artics back at 77th, they have to be parked somewhere. Right now North Park, Kedzie and 103rd are the only artic-capable garages with the other ones not going to be ready until 2014-2015 when the garage rehabs are finished.

Where would 4300's or 4000's go then? If the CTA intends to put artics back at 77th, they have to be parked somewhere. Right now North Park, Kedzie and 103rd are the only artic-capable garages with the other ones not going to be ready until 2014-2015 when the garage rehabs are finished.

As I said before inside one of the two barn buildings.

Like here. Or here.

Do you see any in service buses in the picture posted in the first post? Like on a scale of 150 Novas?

What are those parked buses to the left of the RFP Subject Property? All the NABI's appear to be in the "Replacement Parking" section.

That is the main entrance to the barn. Also, that seems to be the path of the proposed entrance to the barn via 78th St. extended, according to the proposal, instead of using Wentworth Ave extended as at present.

Regardless of whether they are in service, that's room for 10 buses, not approximately 250 Novas and NFs.