More New Flyers

newport

Looks like the hybrids are all here. Saw a D60LFR facing 79th at 77th garage. Couldn't get a series number though

Well, I'll wait patiently to see if I was correct on 7800 or 8000 being the first for this set.

Today I saw 4333

This tells me that the original order of 33 DE60LFR's and 67 D60LFR's is incorrect. It must be 34 DE60LFR's and 66 D60LFR's, unless suddenly someone sees 4334 somewhere.

Well, I'll wait patiently to see if I was correct on 7800 or 8000 being the first for this set.

This tells me that the original order of 33 DE60LFR's and 67 D60LFR's is incorrect. It must be 34 DE60LFR's and 66 D60LFR's, unless suddenly someone sees 4334 somewhere.

You're right from my record from talking to a supervisor at the south shops

Today I saw 4333 at 103rd as I was pullin a bus in from my route it look like the 4000 series as far as the roof is concerned except they are the restyled versions like the 4300-4332 models very nice though.

See? I'm not the boy who cried BUS after all :lol: . But back to the topic.... Is this an indication that the 40ft mix of buses will all have the same series number as well even though they're a mix of hybrids and diesel?

See? I'm not the boy who cried BUS after all :lol: . But back to the topic.... Is this an indication that the 40ft mix of buses will all have the same series number as well even though they're a mix of hybrids and diesel?

I'm going to assume that its gonna have to be a series dividement somewhere. But if not, its gonna be a corny set lol.

I'm going to assume that its gonna have to be a series dividement somewhere. But if not, its gonna be a corny set lol.

Since there are about 3 reports of 4333 (maybe not independent), one would have to bet on "not" at the moment.

Maybe the reason for 800 and 900 being separate series was that the hybrids were considered "experimental" at the time. I'll bet that the two electric buses won't be 2030 and 2031.

The only thing I said earlier was that it was too early to say that the current order was 4300-4399. In a day or two, it probably won't be.

Since there are about 3 reports of 4333 (maybe not independent), one would have to bet on "not" at the moment.

Maybe the reason for 800 and 900 being separate series was that the hybrids were considered "experimental" at the time. I'll bet that the two electric buses won't be 2030 and 2031.

The only thing I said earlier was that it was too early to say that the current order was 4300-4399. In a day or two, it probably won't be.

Can't deny you of that. What's interesting is that 1979-2029 series regrouped another bus.I've never saw 2030-2034 but 2035 hovers around at Chicago all day long.

Can't deny you of that. What's interesting is that 1979-2029 series regrouped another bus.I've never saw 2030-2034 but 2035 hovers around at Chicago all day long.

So you are saying that there is another bus not on the Buses page?

There are reports here and there of white prototypes or the like, but they usually are listed as "first 1000" or "4400-2" or the like.

Today I saw 4333 at 103rd as I was pullin a bus in from my route it look like the 4000 series as far as the roof is concerned except they are the restyled versions like the 4300-4332 models very nice though.

So 103rd is getting a bus with a bus number that high. Maybe they are getting more than 25 buses, but knowing CTA, most likely there just placing them there out of sequence until they have a said amount.

Photos of 4304 and 4306 are now available for your viewing pleasure.

My interior photo attempts were unsuccessful, but I've attached one of the "rejects" for reference. The interior is practically identical to 4000-4149. As it has been noted, there is a return to transverse seating and the Clever Devices control panel has been upgraded to a larger & brighter touch screen model. Other than some yellow "CAUTION" stickers at the articulation joint reminding people to hold on, everything else is very familiar.

I'm disappointed that they put the seats back in the articulation joint. It's a terrible place for seating, and the standee bars were better there. Also disappointed they didn't go with the same seat model that's used on the last batch of DE60LFs.

Guess you can't please everybody. No matter what they do with seating arrangements, there is going to be someone disappointed with something it seems. :)

Photos of 4304 and 4306 are now available for your viewing pleasure.

My interior photo attempts were unsuccessful, but I've attached one of the "rejects" for reference. The interior is practically identical to 4000-4149. As it has been noted, there is a return to transverse seating and the Clever Devices control panel has been upgraded to a larger & brighter touch screen model. Other than some yellow "CAUTION" stickers at the articulation joint reminding people to hold on, everything else is very familiar.

Quite a spiffy design I must say, and articulated models don't always excite me. It would be nice to see that design rolling the streets of Chicago in a 40 ft version.

I liked the newer seat style, but it's not that big of a deal. But the seats in the artic joint area are always going to be a problem, because when people sit there, their legs hang into the aisle more than the other sideways-facing seats, which makes it difficult for people to walk through.

Yeah on that part I can agree with you. It's gets to be a hassle whenever I ride one of NP's artics numbered below 4150 on the 147 during those moments I'm pressed for time and need to get downtown quicker. The crowds are bad enough without stumbling over someone's feet passing through the articulation joint of the bus.

So, are you saying that both New Flyer and CTA got it wrong and didn't know how many of what bus type were ordered?

Maybe CTA changed the quantity of DE60LFR's and D60LFR's as opposed to the 33 and 67 Seattle originally ordered.

As far as numbering, the CTA won't have the DE60LFR's and the D60LFR's the same numbers. Different bus models are numbered differently. 800-809 were GM/Allison Hybrids and 900-909 were ISE-Thundervolt Hybrids. They could've easily numbered them all 800-819. 4000-4149(Seattle order) are the same as 4150-4207(Federal Stimulus order), that's why those buses remained in the same number blocks. While the DE60LFR's and the D60LFR's are part of the same order, they are not the same type of bus, one is powered by a Cummins HybriDrive Engine and the other a Cummins ISL Engine, so 4300-4334 perhaps are the DE60LFR's and 7800, 8000, or perhaps even 6000(that number block is open now) will become the D60LFR's.

Maybe CTA changed the quantity of DE60LFR's and D60LFR's as opposed to the 33 and 67 Seattle originally ordered.

As far as numbering, the CTA won't have the DE60LFR's and the D60LFR's the same numbers. Different bus models are numbered differently. 800-809 were GM/Allison Hybrids and 900-909 were ISE-Thundervolt Hybrids. They could've easily numbered them all 800-819. 4000-4149(Seattle order) are the same as 4150-4207(Federal Stimulus order), that's why those buses remained in the same number blocks. While the DE60LFR's and the D60LFR's are part of the same order, they are not the same type of bus, one is powered by a Cummins HybriDrive Engine and the other a Cummins ISL Engine, so 4300-4334 perhaps are the DE60LFR's and 7800, 8000, or perhaps even 6000(that number block is open now) will become the D60LFR's.

From what I saw of 4333 that is a D60LFR bus just like the 4000 series artics but yet it's numbered with the 4300-32 series so it looks like they will keep them all in the same series of numbers.

From what I saw of 4333 that is a D60LFR bus

I'll have to ask how can you tell it's a D60LFR and not a DE60LFR?

just like the 4000 series artics

The 4000-Series New Flyer artics are DE60LF's, not D60LF's. The only reason they stayed intact numerical-wise is because they were the exact same bus, except one was part of a Seattle Metro contract(4000-4149) and the other was purchased through Federal Stimulus Dollars(4150-4207). The only difference is the lighting and seating. The buses have the same Cummins HybriDrive System with an Allison EP-40 Transmission. The 4300's also have a Cummins HybriDrive System with an Allison EP-40 Transmission. The D60LFR's will have a Cummins ISL Engine with a Allison B-400 Transmission.

Quite a spiffy design I must say, and articulated models don't always excite me. It would be nice to see that design rolling the streets of Chicago in a 40 ft version.

Nice to see some photos of the 4300s up. Can't wait to ride them when I come back to the city from college for winter break.

The CUMTD of Champaign-Urbana happens to be getting some 40 ft models of these buses, and I couldn't help but spend a good chunk of time viewing the new photos. However, I did come across one photo that what also appears to be a CTA 60 ft artic in the background. I can't quite make out the number (perhaps 4334?), but those who have better eyes maybe can.

Nice to see some photos of the 4300s up. Can't wait to ride them when I come back to the city from college for winter break.

The CUMTD of Champaign-Urbana happens to be getting some 40 ft models of these buses, and I couldn't help but spend a good chunk of time viewing the new photos. However, I did come across one photo that what also appears to be a CTA 60 ft artic in the background. I can't quite make out the number, but those who have better eyes maybe can.

I Checked it and it's D60LFR #4334 i guess it's gonna be 4300-4332 (DE60LFR) and 4333-4399 (D60LFR)