6000 Flxible With Weird Paint

cta6085

• 1 month later...

6077 is from 103rd garage. I need to know, since this is a ad wrapped bus;does it get rehabbed? Since all the 6000's from 103rd are getting rehabbed what about this one? Will the ad get repainted or painted over? Or will it just get the new destination sign? Or will CTA just leave the old ad rap on,and not rehab the bus?

• 4 weeks later...

Ad wraps will not affect maintenance of a bus. It is big bucks

for CTA and Pace to do this as opposed to the old ad sign

on the side. It is more eye catching and because of that,

they can charge more for the ad. I think on of the first ad

wraps around was the old Stewarts Coffee ad wrapped on

a Pace bus (either a 2000 series or 8700 series) out of

Northwest Division back in the 90's. CTA has a few around

now, and in fact, have taken it up on many L cars (as in

the Illinois Lottery and Target, for example.).

It looks as though CTA let some art class paint the bus, as cta6085 indicated. For information about Little Black Pearl workshop, click here. Since Little Black Pearl is in Kenwood-Oakland, having the bus on 4 made more sense.

It undoubtedly isn't a wrap. The paint job shouldn't affect its mechanicals. (It is like when I thought as a kid that clowns couldn't be real people anymore.) The pictures that were subsequently posted as attachments indicate that it got the new destination sign. Also, comparing the attachment to the Bus Explorer picture indicates that it has a new front panel.

Letting students paint buses isn't unusual; some 4000s, and many Pace 8873 series buses were painted.

Letting students paint buses isn't unusual; some 4000s, and many Pace 8873 series buses were painted.

One example I can remember was back during the Green line rehabilitaition project and some months before 74th garage replaced the old 63rd garage, bus 4217 was painted by students from a school on the south side for Black History celebrations and was dubbed the "Freedom Bus." This bus ran almost daily on the 38 Michigan Express Green line replacement route. Shortly after that, the same bus was repainted (again by public school students if I remember correctly) with a clean environment theme in time for Chicago Earth Day celebrations. It was dubbed (surprise) the "Earth Day Bus."

• 11 months later...

6077 is from 103rd garage. I need to know, since this is a ad wrapped bus;does it get rehabbed? Since all the 6000's from 103rd are getting rehabbed what about this one? Will the ad get repainted or painted over? Or will it just get the new destination sign? Or will CTA just leave the old ad rap on,and not rehab the bus?

It Got Painted Over With The New Logo!