Miscellaneous Transit Stories

sw4400

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

That MTA guy would blend right in at North Division.

I'll just leave these here now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuzD9mlpzq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRIVJptJDDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLBI8ii4iJI

The driver had, about a month and a half prior, a handicappd elderly lady pulled off the bus and arrested. The woman is a friend of mine, and I went with her to court, as she was very frazzled about what had happened.

The driver had made comments at the garage, according to several sources, that "cripples" and "retards" do not belong in public, and thus lashed out at a 70+ year old woman who can't move without a walker.

After I went with her to court, the driver would call police each time I got on her bus. Nothing said, just pay fare and sit down. Apparently there is something illegal about this.

Oneday I took my camera with, the results speak for themselves. After the driver confronted me, by reflex I hit the shutter button on my camera. Caught it about a minute later.

The woman was found not guilty, by the way, and the judge had some harsh words for Pace! Amazingly, the driver still works for Pace!

This ought'a explain some of my pokes at Pace's service quality, or lack thereof.

Yes, the videos are not interesting. That is the point. A whole lot of nothing happens, except for paying fare and having a seat, then about 20 minutes later, the police showing up.

I, too, am disabled. Paid with a circuitbreaker pass on that trip, was then denied service. Last I knew, that is fraud.

Yes, the videos are not interesting. That is the point. A whole lot of nothing happens, except for paying fare and having a seat, then about 20 minutes later, the police showing up.

I, too, am disabled. Paid with a circuitbreaker pass on that trip, was then denied service. Last I knew, that is fraud.

The Department of Justice has a site for that.

That MTA guy would blend right in at North Division.

I'll just leave these here now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuzD9mlpzq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRIVJptJDDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLBI8ii4iJI

The driver had, about a month and a half prior, a handicappd elderly lady pulled off the bus and arrested. The woman is a friend of mine, and I went with her to court, as she was very frazzled about what had happened.

The driver had made comments at the garage, according to several sources, that "cripples" and "retards" do not belong in public, and thus lashed out at a 70+ year old woman who can't move without a walker.

After I went with her to court, the driver would call police each time I got on her bus. Nothing said, just pay fare and sit down. Apparently there is something illegal about this.

Oneday I took my camera with, the results speak for themselves. After the driver confronted me, by reflex I hit the shutter button on my camera. Caught it about a minute later.

The woman was found not guilty, by the way, and the judge had some harsh words for Pace! Amazingly, the driver still works for Pace!

This ought'a explain some of my pokes at Pace's service quality, or lack thereof.

Walk me through these three videos. They appear out of order and I'm not sure what is going on. That annoying beeping noise is inhibiting me hearing much conversation and just starts to bother your ears after a bit. Was the bus unable to get it's lift down, was it having a mechanical issue or did the driver just set the parking brake without putting the bus in "N". I'm not even sure why she appearantly stopped driving... was it because you were recording and she spotted your camera?

Bus was just fine.

Driver has made statements, according to friends at the garage, that "cripples and retards" don't belong in public, and acting on this, had a 70+ year old handicapped woman pulled off her bus, and a phoney baloney story made up about her. This woman is a friend of mine, I went with her to all the court dates as support.

Because I went with, the driver in question called the police on me for getting aboard, paying my fare, and having a seat. Tired of it, I brought a camera one day to document via video how she is doing this.

This driver, according to what I have found, has a history of doing these things too. She had a union member arrested at a union meeting for a threat that only she could hear. Judge threw that one out. Was able to find some info on that through the Waukegan PD.

Pace North is a complete mess. Just like Waukegan.

• 4 weeks later...

In Soviet Russia, Bus Driver punishes you!!!

I don't know if the first one illegally entered a bus lane.

It looks like most of the drivers think they can cut off the bus, or don't care about their Ladas. IIRC, the result was different when someone cut off a MAN articulated on LSD.

The video was cut off before we could find out what the automobile driver in the blue coat said, but I don't understand Russian, anyway.

But. like the U.S., apparently the bus driver didn't have enough sense to know that there was a camera on the bus, as the pictures look too consistent to be phone cameras. However, the caption indicates that it came from the bus driver's YouTube Channel.

Also, by then, probably not Soviet.

Dos Vedanya.

In Soviet Russia, Bus Driver punishes you!!!

Are we sure this was not actually Waukegan?

The driving of these motorists that cut off buses seem to be consistent with Waukegan driving.

Anyone ever been to the 565/570 stop at Gurnee Mills? Both bus lanes are clearly marked "BUS ONLY", and one end is marked "DO NOT ENTER", yet there's still plenty of mentally defective cretins who somehow got a drivers license (Legally or illegally, or as a prize in a box of Cracker Jacks perhaps), who drive the wrong way through the bus lanes.

Few weeks ago, I was out there, standing on the median between the two lanes. Soon as some dummy started driving backwards through it (Soccer mom, minivan and vacant look on her face and everything!), I stepped right in front of her van. She gets out, I point to the signs, and ask if she can read basic English. Of course, she starts yelling and screaming at me, including the use of several death threats. Apparently had a major "Blonde moment", not only forgetting how to read, and the rules of the road, but also that making death threats is a serious crime. I told her she best get in her van, back out the way she came in, or I would have her arrested.

Some people amaze me, that they found their way out of the womb and through the birth canal. And amaze me more that she survive long enough to have dummies of their own, to pass down stupidity for another generation.

• 2 months later...

As bad as the Red Line derailments at Armitage and Granville have been, and the one at 59th and Prairie, at least they weren't as bad as this one in Connecticut. Granted, I think the 1977 Loop "L" Crash might've been worse, but this one was pretty bad...

Just read about it on the NY Daily News. It's a miracle no one was killed.

As bad as the Red Line derailments at Armitage and Granville have been, and the one at 59th and Prairie, at least they weren't as bad as this one in Connecticut. Granted, I think the 1977 Loop "L" Crash might've been worse, but this one was pretty bad...

11 people got killed in the 1977 one, basically because 4 cars fell off the structure, and that's why there is the girder on the outside of the curve there now.

However, this is more comparable to the Los Angeles Metrolink accident where Bombardier tissue paper cars sideswiped a freight. That followed a head on crash with a freight. And since Metro North is a commuter railroad, these remind us of the IC crash, and the South Shore destroying something like 6 cars in various incidents, including hitting or sideswiping freight cars, and 3 fatalities when a train hit a steel hauler and the coil of steel was propelled though the car..

• 4 months later...

Not sure where else to put this, but this is a transit story thread. This was from a trip to Hong Kong, and I rode the subway there to buy a model of a subway train (one of the stations has a company shop). The fare was roughly $1.61 USD. Nice subway system in my opinion.

Enjoy the crowds!

attachicon.gifHK.jpg

Now, if CTA could get the riders in 5000s to line up in such neat rows. :)

• 4 months later...

Hopefully they can add murder charges to the list of offenses for this idiot

Probably not, because it was not a premeditated killing. Maybe in the course of a felony, but usually it takes proof that the defendant intended to use the vehicle as a weapon. Otherwise vehicular manslaughter, but I'm surprised that that charge isn't brought more often.