#5300's Flx Lifetime Assignment & retirement list and other info

BusHunter

I guess that the one surprising item was that there was a number of C to K transfers in 2001, before the big swap (to get buses with preheaters to FG) in Nov. 2001.

People in the K service area complained about the latter, but there was not much mention about the earlier.

• Upvote 1

Seen the early retirements of 4 buses. My guess is they were wrecks. Of the 4 I remember 5530 being the bus that wrecked on Addison, does anyone know how the others were wrecked and where?

Here's a newspaper clipping and pictures of the wreck of #5530. As far as the others I'm not sure, but I know #5677 had a long period in the beginning where it was not in service. I always thought the bus had alot of problems (lemon) and they put it out of it's misery. The bus probably went down as the Flx #5300 with the least miles before being retired.

post-304-13052984698679_thumb.jpgpost-304-13052984960214_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

I had heard that there was a bus fire years ago at the Archer/Harlem turnaround. That would make it a possibility that it may have been 5677. As for the 5300 thats still around, either 5643 or 5652 is at Chicago Avenue. I'm just not sure which one ;)

• Upvote 1

Funny how one 5300 is still around that alot dont know about...

I know Flxible #5643 and the Flxible that went to the Chicago Police are still around. Im sure Eddie Fisher can shed some light on this. I wonder if any others are still in existence.

• 1 year later...