CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

As Bonnie Green also reported, this has all the lines on the Loop messed up (Tribune).

• After Merchandise Mart, the first stop for Brown Line trains will be Clark/Lake(Blue).

If that's the case, the leadership of Mayor Rahm Emanuel just had another instant civil engineering success. Nobody has reported the ramp to the subway, though.

BTW, I'm trying a Firefox tinyurl add in. Seems to work.

As Bonnie Green also reported, this has all the lines on the Loop messed up (Tribune).

.....Nobody has reported the ramp to the subway, though.

Tribune story on the home page says that the problem was at Tower 12 and Orange Line trains were also running the wrong way. Sounds similar to the Orange Line alert a short time back.

That is a Subway transfer point.... that's why I mentioned that. Clark/Lake and State/Lake are transfer points from the Loop Elevated downtown.

As far as all lines, not from the horses' mouth.... the CTA. Only the Brown Line is mentioned as having delays and reroute.

That is a Subway transfer point.... that's why I mentioned that. Clark/Lake and State/Lake are transfer points from the Loop Elevated downtown.

As far as all lines, not from the horses' mouth.... the CTA. Only the Brown Line is mentioned as having delays and reroute.

Saw an Orange Line going clockwise when driving under Dearborn and Van Buren at about 11:00am. Was wondering why Orange was moving on the outer track.

Also saw a packed Pink Line going inbound at Paulina and I-290 (via paulina connector) at about 9:00am . It was a 5000 series marked "Not In Service"

1/30/15 11:39p

Upcoming Rail Alert For 1/30/15 @ 10p until 2/1/15 @ 6a

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Disruption w/Reroute

Information: 95th-bound trains are rerouted to the elevated tracks between Fullerton and Cermak-Chinatown.

North/Clybourn, Clark/Division, Chicago and Grand stations:

• Service From these stations: Take a Howard-bound train to Fullerton and transfer to a 95th-bound train.
  • Service To these stations: Take a 95th-bound train to State/Lake and transfer to a Howard-bound train(State St. Subway).

Downtown:

• Board/Exit 95th-bound trains at any Lake or Wabash Loop Elevated stations.

Roosevelt Station:

• Board/Exit 95th-bound trains on Green/Orange Elevated platform.

This is due to maintenance in the State Street Subway and improvements at the Clark/Division station.

1/23/15 1:29p

Upcoming Alert For 1/24/15 @ 1:40a until 10p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Green

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Disrupted w/Alternate Service Available

Information: Trains operate between Harlem/Lake, Downtown(Loop Elevated), and Roosevelt and between 35th-Bronzeville-IIT, Ashland/63rd, and Cottage Grove.

Alternate Service: Shuttle Buses will replace rail service between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT. Free transfer between Shuttle Buses and Rail Service is only available at Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT, and requires the farecard used to pay your fare at the start of your trip.

This is due to construction of the new Cermak-McCormick Place station

1/30/15 11:42p

Upcoming Alert For 1/31/15 @ 4a until 6p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Orange, Pink

Level Of Service Interruption: --

Information: Orange and Pink Line trains will operate counterclockwise on the Outer Loop. Board/Exit all trains on the Brown Line platforms at all Loop stations.

• Orange Line: The first stop in the Loop will be Harold Washington Library-State-Van Buren.
  • Pink Line: The first stop in the Loope will be Washington/Wells and the last stop will be Clark/Lake(Blue).

This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely on the Loop Elevated.

2/1/15 11:20p

***Blizzard-Impacted Rail Alert***

Rail Line(s) Affected: Yellow

Level Of Service Interruption: Significant Delays

Information: Trains are operating with delays due to a loss of power at Howard. Trains will be arriving/departing from the 95th-bound(Red) platform at Howard.

2/2/15 10:54a

***Weather-Impacted Rail Alert***

Rail Line(s) Affected: All Rail Routes

Level Of Service Interruption: --

Information: Service is operating normally on all "L" trains at this time, but longer wait times may be experienced due to weather conditions. Alerts ranging from Minor to Major all the way to Suspension of sections of service to Reroutes are possible if warranted due to issues with tracks and/or equipment.

Orange line seems to be experiencing delays. Had a train pass express at ashland with at least 3 blue lights!! Looked like that train was messed up. So the follower picks us up at Ashland and goes express to kedzie. As it passed 35th/archer and western, stacks of people were waiting sb. I believe they ran back to back express' which I might have only seen one time before and I can't say that I've seen that many express' on the Orange line either. BTW the train with the blue lights was a #2600. I hear they don't run so good in the bad weather. Problems with doors etc.

I wonder if it's against policy to have 2 straight trains skip the same stop cause that's something you don't see that much.

Orange line seems to be experiencing delays. Had a train pass express at ashland with at least 3 blue lights!! Looked like that train was messed up. So the follower picks us up at Ashland and goes express to kedzie. As it passed 35th/archer and western, stacks of people were waiting sb. I believe they ran back to back express' which I might have only seen one time before and I can't say that I've seen that many express' on the Orange line either. BTW the train with the blue lights was a #2600. I hear they don't run so good in the bad weather. Problems with doors etc.

I wonder if it's against policy to have 2 straight trains skip the same stop cause that's something you don't see that much.

That happened to me yesterday while I was at Halsted Orange Line when it comes to back to back trains running express.

Guess it wasn't a good day for rail service over all. I got to 95th this morning and the platform was FILLED. people were saying that they were there for 30 mins waiting for a train to pull in and head back north. first train that came in filled up quickly. I hopped off at 79th for a cigarette and came back waited 15 min for another northbound train to come which ended up running express from 69th to Cermak-Chinatown. I don't see any alerts that hint at some type of delay. any other Red Line riders have a clue what happened? seems like the problem happened somewhere north of where I was and caused a HUGE ripple effect for the amount of space that was left between trains.

This is having a ripple effect. #53A currently has a line 3 buses long and the bus came but the line never shrank in fact it's growing. It's like 4 buses now. I'm filming this this is getting extreme.

Check out this line that was out there. I counted 53 people. I put the pictures in order maybe together it will give the sense of how long the line was but damn any longer and the buses won't be able to turn around!!

post-304-0-57196700-1423111649_thumb.pngpost-304-0-15912700-1423111660_thumb.pngpost-304-0-05335300-1423111640_thumb.png

Check out this line that was out there. I counted 53 people. I put the pictures in order maybe together it will give the sense of how long the line was but damn any longer and the buses won't be able to turn around!!

Ed Burke's neighborhood. I'm surprised he didn't send Lyfft to pick them all up.