CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

I'm going to post Minor Delays, Signifigant Delays andService Disruptions Rail Alerts in this topic when I notice them, since they do count as breakdowns in some sense. You can as well if you wish.

Here's how alerts will be posted:

Sudden Alerts: Alerts that impact rail lines due to mechanical issues, medical issues, weather-related, etc... will be posted immediately once I notice them occuring(if I happen to not notice them for whatever reason, they won't be posted. However, chicagobus.org members are free to post alerts they notice).

Construction Alerts: Alerts that impact rail lines due to construction. These could vary from station bypasses, single tracking, etc... these alerts will only be posted for ones that occur during high travel periods on the "L", which is typically between 6a-9:59p. Overnight alerts will not be posted as these are low travel periods on most lines.

This isn't just my thread.... this is all of ours. You can post the alerts here too. You can post them using the layout I use or one of your own. I do the layout you see to ID the rail line, and the severity of rail service interruption with Red being most Severe, Orange being Significant and Green being Minor

So here's the 1st one...

12/18/10 1:10p:

Orange Line Riders: Signifigant Delays at Halsted(single track) due to equipment problems in the area. Board on "Loop" bound side of platform.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alert Template(For Quick Entries):

DD/DD/DD TT:TT

Rail Line(s) Affected:

Level Of Service Interruption:

Information:

Media Source(s):

Service Interruption Update:

CTA Blue Line Map.jpg

CTA Brown Line Map.jpg

CTA Green Line Map.jpg

CTA Orange Line Map.jpg

CTA Pink Line Map.jpg

CTA Purple Line Map.jpg

CTA Red Line Map.jpg

CTA Yellow Line Map(Modern).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DevalDragon

What type of equipment problem would suspend service on the yellow line? A derailment or something?

1/1/11 11:10a

Purple Line Riders: Minor Delays due to earlier equipment problems at Howard

Yellow Line Riders: Service Suspended temporarily due to earlier equipment problems at Howard

What type of equipment problem would suspend service on the yellow line? A derailment or something?

There was a derailment of a Red Line train overnight at Howard, according to the Tribune. As of their update

at 2:30 pm, Yellow Line service was still suspended with 97 being suggested as the alternate. This

was suppose to be minor, but for some reason it took a long time to clean it up. Current CTA alerts

show everything back to normal (or as normal as the CTA is).

I was working at the firehouse last night and was listening to the fire dept. radios. Apparently what happened was a CTA railcar had derailed, a large fire response was initiated including several ambulances. CFD units on scene were reporting that one car had derailed near Jarvis, an evacuation of about 35 passengers was completed from the elevated enbankment.

1/9/11 4:28p

Blue Line Riders: Minor Delays due to earlier Fire Dept. Activity near O'Hare

Red LineThis morning I got on a NB Red Line train at Lake St. We sat there for 10 minutes while a supervisor and the operator kept talking, and the supervisor also had a handheld radio. Then the operator finally announced we were not going to move because they were waiting on the fire department and it would be best to take the bus. So I went back upstairs to State/Lake to catch the 146 only to find the fire department arriving on the scene in bunches. The 146 bus that was at Randolph got detoured, so I went up to the elevated platform to wait for the rerouted Red Line trains. Another 15 minutes before one came. By the time we made it to Armitage, a Red Line NB train was coming out of the subway. My train continued making Brown Line stops to Belmont, at which point it ran express to Howard.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else feel like this is quickly becoming 1999 again?

Mostly isolated incidents so far. I'm not seeing hundreds of 2600s failing left and right like in '99.

I wonder how the 5000s are doing. Rodriguez certainly got his wish for a bad winter. If they really want put them through the ringer, running them on the Red Line overnight might be a good idea.

Mostly isolated incidents so far. I'm not seeing hundreds of 2600s failing left and right like in '99.

I wonder how the 5000s are doing. Rodriguez certainly got his wish for a bad winter. If they really want put them through the ringer, running them on the Red Line overnight might be a good idea.

[/qut

They could also put some of Purple Line's 2400s on the Red Line overnight too for more heat.