5000-series - Updates

greenstreet

Oh, I see. I also spotted sets of 5000s at the Skokie Shop while I was on the Yellow Line today. They're one by one parked there.

Yeah, they are by the garage doors which indicate they are new arrivals. Usually the ones going out will be on the storage tracks.

Those sound like the four that were at Skokie Shops last week. Thanks Owine.

Just rode in 5270. The interior of this car and its mate are powder blue. It definitely stands out and is kinda nice to see the interior some color than the normal ivory. I wonder if all new deliveries from this point will have this color scheme or if this is just an experiment.

Just rode in 5270. The interior of this car and its mate are powder blue. It definitely stands out and is kinda nice to see the interior some color than the normal ivory. I wonder if all new deliveries from this point will have this color scheme or if this is just an experiment.

Seat shells, or something else?

Seat shells and all paneling is the powder blue.

Hmmm... tints of Blue like newer trains in both NY and DC. So is this what the desired outcome of recent "public input" regarding design changes/improvements to the 5000 and/or 7000 series? Or perhaps this is a more "calming" color being standardized across the nation? Consider these my "out-on-a-limb" questions of the year. "Back to our regularly scheduled programming..."

Hmmm... tints of Blue like newer trains in both NY and DC. So is this what the desired outcome of recent "public input" regarding design changes/improvements to the 5000 and/or 7000 series? Or perhaps this is a more "calming" color being standardized across the nation? Consider these my "out-on-a-limb" questions of the year. "Back to our regularly scheduled programming..."

Maybe it goes to the current chief rail engineer having said that he was tired of the dusky interiors {in connection with the pre-bid meeting on the 7000s}, and despite what I thought, actually did something about them.

It is the same color. I'm having a problem posting the few pictures I have of it. Can anyone explain an easy way to post pictures?

If you're using the quick reply feature at the bottom of the topic, first click on "More Reply Options". Below the text box, there's a file attachment section where you can upload photos. If you're still running into problems, email me the photos – kevin [at] chicagobus [dot] org – and I'll get them posted.

Well, between the two different tints of blue, the darker blue seat covers, the dark floors, and all the stainless steel, it doesn't look too bad. The color reminds me of the "new" cars DC's Metro started getting. Seemed to be that same light blue on the walls here. Although the real view is the true test. Did you hear any comments or notice any reaction from people walking in?

Can't say that I really like it. (kind of looks ugly) Something about it looks out of place. When you said blue seats, I thought you mean't like the buses blue seat backs. By contrast I like the way they they did the buses with the blue floors and blue seat backs, everything matches in color. Plus the blue has more life/color to it. This looks kind of pale and doesn't really match the surroundings all that well. Maybe a lighter seat insert would help. They should go back to what they had before, it looks better.