New Eldorados?

artthouwill

The 1 through 7 codes do apply to all garages. Busjack had it as I stated earlier.

1 is morning

2 is afternoon

3 is split

4 is am piece (often includes school trippers)

5 is pm piece (often includes school trippers)

6 is Saturday

7 is Sunday/Holiday

the A-B is something new

Every code is right indeed but is the 1s and 2s are full times because I used to ride #317 late at night during the weekdays and the most consistent run numbers I be on are 238 and 242 (when departing from Forest Park).

Every code is right indeed but is the 1s and 2s are full times because I used to ride #317 late at night during the weekdays and the most consistent run numbers I be on are 238 and 242 (when departing from Forest Park).

There was a time when I thought one could distinguish NS and NW in that the NS seemed to be 500s and NW were 200s. However, the real explanation then seems to be that NS was using part time runs. Most of the NS ones eventually became 200s, while the Shuttle Bugs became 300s.

There was also a time when the Keeshin contract runs were something like RN50,but it appears that now we don't have any fixed route contract runs, just feeders.

There was a time when I thought one could distinguish NS and NW in that the NS seemed to be 500s and NW were 200s. However, the real explanation then seems to be that NS was using part time runs. Most of the NS ones eventually became 200s, while the Shuttle Bugs became 300s.

There was also a time when the Keeshin contract runs were something like RN50,but it appears that now we don't have any fixed route contract runs, just feeders.

But aren't NS dominant is part-time runs though? It was a time that NW routes had single digit runs (mostly on #606) during weekday rush hours.

But aren't NS dominant is part-time runs though? It was a time that NW routes had single digit runs (mostly on #606) during weekday rush hours.

If they went from 5s to 2s and 3s, apparently not. I don't know if a PTO is actually driving one of those run numbers.

The 606s to which you refer probably were when they were contractor routes (Keeshin or Academy) even though they used Pace buses.

• 3 weeks later...

If they went from 5s to 2s and 3s, apparently not. I don't know if a PTO is actually driving one of those run numbers.

The 606s to which you refer probably were when they were contractor routes (Keeshin or Academy) even though they used Pace buses.

Academy used run numbers 1 and up, with no rhyme or reason in later days as to start or finish times. As schedules were changed by Pace, trips were added or deleted without renumbering the remnants.

Academy used run numbers 1 and up, with no rhyme or reason in later days as to start or finish times. As schedules were changed by Pace, trips were added or deleted without renumbering the remnants.

Apparently, though, they had something to load in the IBS, as CTA5750 reported, and also they showed up on WebWatch.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 1 through 7 codes do apply to all garages. Busjack had it as I stated earlier.

1 is morning

2 is afternoon

3 is split

4 is am piece (often includes school trippers)

5 is pm piece (often includes school trippers)

6 is Saturday

7 is Sunday/Holiday

the A-B is something new

Interesting information now I have a better understanding how the runs now work at Pace because I've been trying to figure out their run number system.

Few more in, 6425 below, also 6423 on 234 and 6424 on 230:

attachicon.gif6425.jpg

I wonder how many more Eldos will NW get this year. I also wonder when Pace will decide to start retirning the 6000 series Orions. The nes at West ans SW are looing really bad. I really feel for SW because that is really all they have, save for a few EZ Riders. West seems to either save them for the rush period or sticks them on light routes like 305.

Then there is the issue of CNG Eldorados coming later this year to Pace South. AT some point the 6600s and 6162- 6259 should be at retirement age about now and retiring those also has to be considered.

I wonder how many more Eldos will NW get this year. I also wonder when Pace will decide to start retirning the 6000 series Orions. The nes at West ans SW are looing really bad. I really feel for SW because that is really all they have, save for a few EZ Riders. West seems to either save them for the rush period or sticks them on light routes like 305.

Then there is the issue of CNG Eldorados coming later this year to Pace South. AT some point the 6600s and 6162- 6259 should be at retirement age about now and retiring those also has to be considered.

Yeah SW seems to have currently become what FG currently is to CTA as was NW for a while until they started getting Eldos behind W.

Don't look for a big chunk of Orions to be wiped out this year, especially the 6100s. There's a slew of them out right now during the afternoon rush. The Eldos will most likely be slow to appear as 6423-6425 are just starting to see service. I'm sure more are being delivered as we speak, but I'm willing to bet the best of the Orions are going to be around for at least another year or so. And as MetroShadow stated, the fact the 2003 Nabi are getting wrapped in blue means they're not moving anytime soon. I just saw 2 of them last weekend at 87th/Western on the 379. Pace doesn't seem to mind the 12 year retirement age rule.

Don't look for a big chunk of Orions to be wiped out this year, especially the 6100s. There's a slew of them out right now during the afternoon rush. The Eldos will most likely be slow to appear as 6423-6425 are just starting to see service. I'm sure more are being delivered as we speak, but I'm willing to bet the best of the Orions are going to be around for at least another year or so. And as MetroShadow stated, the fact the 2003 Nabi are getting wrapped in blue means they're not moving anytime soon. I just saw 2 of them last weekend at 87th/Western on the 379. Pace doesn't seem to mind the 12 year retirement age rule.

Do you mean 349? You were too far east for it to be a bus on 379 along with SW having no NABIs from what I remember seeing.

... I just saw 2 of them last weekend at 87th/Western on the 379. Pace doesn't seem to mind the 12 year retirement age rule.

Do you mean 349? You were too far east for it to be a bus on 379 along with SW having no NABIs from what I remember seeing.

Western south of 79th would be 349 out of South Division, which now would be NABIs, but are supposed to be converted to Axess CNGs late 2015 or early 2016.* Then where the South NABIs go, no one knows.

*Update: And see here about the contract finally being awarded.

Western south of 79th would be 349 out of South Division, which now would be NABIs, but are supposed to be converted to Axess CNGs late 2015 or early 2016.* Then where the South NABIs go, no one knows.

*Update: And see here about the contract finally being awarded.

Yep, I meant 349, my bad. It had been a while since I was out that way...lol. 379 is from Midway to Orland Park and is all Orions.

Yep, I meant 349, my bad. It had been a while since I was out that way...lol. 379 is from Midway to Orland Park and is all Orions.

No worries. I still remember when I first learned that 379 got extended to Orland Square Mall and thinking "so that's why this route is no longer identified as West 79th" lol....I had forgotten all about the restructuring Pace had in the works for that division at that time. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...