More Bus Moves

sw4400

So from the looks of it, NFs I rarely have gotten to ride as much except on 7 or 157 from my no longer living in the heart of Kedzie territory I'll now get to ride out of NP, mainly on the 22 or one of the express routes, on the 9, or in the few chances I ride on 103rd routes on the 6, 26, 28 or 29 and in the rare cases these have 40 foot buses the 6 or J14. :lol:

This morning around 12:30 a.m, I spotted about 8 buses heading west on 79th between Ashland and Halsted. All of the buses had signage that said North Park Garage. I couldn; t write down the bus numbers but they were mostly in the 17xx range, I think there might have one in the 18xx and one possibly in the 16xx.

Since there are rehabs and most of the NF fleet is homogenous, I normally don;t bother with this particular thread. But watching these buses in a row late at night seemed like this was a garage transfer in progress.

#1045 is on #49 (#1317 may be possible being part of 74th). #1303 is on #62. #1796 is on #47. #1868 is on #9. #1869, #1872, #1876, #6835, and #6855 are on #67. #6603 is on #90. #6619 is on #85.

Update: #1060 and #6860 are on #9. #1689 is on #36. #1898 is on #62.

All 1900s remaining at 74th have been forfeited AGAIN for the second time in less than a month. Expect to see them at Chicago.

• Upvote 2

#1045 is on #49 (#1317 may be possible being part of 74th). #1303 is on #62. #1796 is on #47. #1868 is on #9. #1869, #1872, #1876, #6835, and #6855 are on #67. #6603 is on #90. #6619 is on #85.

Update: #1060 and #6860 are on #9. #1689 is on #36. #1898 is on #62.

All 1900s remaining at 74th have been forfeited AGAIN for the second time in less than a month. Expect to see them at Chicago.

Thats ridiculous, they should of kept at least something.. They should have given 7, 6 and 03 all un-rehabbed busses to shorten distance to and from the shop and cummins.

• Upvote 2

Thats ridiculous, they should of kept at least something.. They should have given 7, 6 and 03 all un-rehabbed busses to alleviate distance to and from the shop and cummins.

Whatever rationale we try to figure out, it doesn't make sense. It looks like all that is happening is someone trying to rack up operating expenses. It has to cost something to have all those drivers on call Saturday just to move buses instead of transporting passengers, which is supposed to be their job.

We can't really see what's going on at NP yet but I think they have alot less #1300's and more #1680's to #1720. I need to see if any of those from Kedzie are still at 74th. I bet not. The lower #1300's at NP for the most part are rehabbed that makes them trade bait. I thought maybe they goofed yesterday when I saw #1884 still at Chicago but maybe they didn't. It's still not rehabbed.

We can't really see what's going on at NP yet but I think they have alot less #1300's and more #1680's to #1720. I need to see if any of those from Kedzie are still at 74th. I bet not. The lower #1300's at NP for the most part are rehabbed that makes them trade bait. I thought maybe they goofed yesterday when I saw #1884 still at Chicago but maybe they didn't. It's still not rehabbed.

It's just too much to handle so quickly man. This is worse than professional sports drafts!!! :lol:
  • Upvote 1

I'm just trying to figure out 74th. I think right now the roster for them says 278 and they should be around 259. Also fg is short around 238-240 and they should be around 253. I think were going to see a gang of #6600's for fg on monday cause I haven't seen any ex #6800's from 77th at fg anymore this weekend. You know, the ones post #6819.

Whatever rationale we try to figure out, it doesn't make sense. It looks like all that is happening is someone trying to rack up operating expenses. It has to cost something to have all those drivers on call Saturday just to move buses instead of transporting passengers, which is supposed to be their job.

Agreed, all of this sounds like inefficiency at its worst. No wonder the CTA is always whining about budget shortfalls. I thought Claypool was supposed to be an efficiency expert, but he seems no better than everybody else.

• Upvote 1

Sort of sounds like the Clippers trading #1 draft pick Tyson Chandler to the Bulls. He's on about his 20th team now?

Hey, at least he got a ring with Dallas! I can't get mad about that! :lol:

He has been on five different teams including the Charlotte Bobcats and the sorry, disgraceful ass New York Knicks (I don't know why he left Dallas for that jacked up team before returning back to Dallas this year).