Weird Photos

T8H5307A

1. Was the 49B to Navy Pier an actual reading, or just a sign stuck in the middle of a change?
  2. Was the white bus one of the mystery demonstrators, previously discussed?
  3. The double 131 seems legit, as I saw some double 80s (80 80 IRVING PARK). Any idea about the cause?
It also seems like you had some fun with scrap run boxes.

Looks like Eddy was using his own run box. Also shows how a destination sign could

get all screwed up...as in 49B to...Navy Pier????

Well at that point North Park had 4480,4481,& 4482, these were the only ones I could find that when you put up a P/R code, which one was Navy Pier, whatever route was selected, the route number would stay displayed when the P/R message would come up!

Here was another P/R message "Michigan Ave"

post-386-1237222349_thumb.jpg

1. Was the 49B to Navy Pier an actual reading, or just a sign stuck in the middle of a change?
  2. Was the white bus one of the mystery demonstrators, previously discussed?
  3. The double 131 seems legit, as I saw some double 80s (80 80 IRVING PARK). Any idea about the cause?
It also seems like you had some fun with scrap run boxes.

re:1 see previous post

re:2 yes this was the same white TMC previously discussed. I told you I messed with the sign. I forgot I took pictures of it with more then one reading!

re:3 There were a handful of Flxibles and TMC's that I saw do that also. The route number would be in with the destination also.

Yea, I should carry it with me to work so when I get a "oh they are so wonderful" New Flyer with a defective digital run box (like 1076's which has been out the last 2 months and I am tired of writing it up) I can at least properly display my run (with a C of course!) :lol:

Is this the Express bus?

"No it's not" said one passenger to another. They got on board, requested a local stop, and T8H5307A refused to stop there. So the one passenger whined and threatened him until he stopped the bus, grabbed the passenger by the shirt, took him off the bus and showed the main LED sign in front up close and personally by slamming his head into it. Then T8H gets back on board and tells the passengers still there "Anyone else think this is a LOCAL?". All passengers sit down quietly and T8H puts the bus back in "D" and drives around the local stop requesting passenger, but not before opening the doors and yelling to him "The Local is 5 minutes away. Have a nice day!" Then he takes off. :blink::P:lol:

Of course, T8H can't really do this! No CTA Bus Operator can! But, in a perfect world where you can do no wrong, he can! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking through Mel Berneros photo album on PhotoBucket, I found a pic of a NovaBus LFS in NYC in CTA colors. The bus had decals for "MTA Bridges and Tunnels" it was numbered #956. The taillamps were also different. Does anyone know anything about this bus?.

MTA Bridges and Tunnels piggybacked onto the CTA order of LFS' buses in 2002. They got 2 buses and they are used as an employee shuttle. http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?ti...ation_Authority

Hey thanks for the info, I never knew of this. I had the impression that maybe CTA Novas are being retired and sold to other properties just like the Pace Orions.

• 4 weeks later...

Some i took Saturday night.

Ahh, I see you had one of our fine manufactured New Flyers (that are oh so great because they are new) with no working marker lights and tail lights! I have written up that bus 3 times for this same problem in the past and I see it still hasn't been addressed!