DuPage Restructuring

Guest metralink

Guest metralink

the proposed service changes on routes 711, 715, 747 are going in on Monday June 9th. Anyone going to ride the expanded services?

it looks like the 747 is going to break new ground being extended into West Chicago and into St. Charles afterall.

Sadly, I won't have the opportunity to ride. I'm taking a class at COD this summer, and I would normally take the metra from work downtown to Naperville. Unfortunately, the restructuring has left me to walk from COD to the Glen Ellyn Metra since the 714 will be discontinued after 7.

I saw that the Pace site has new pulldowns for Carrier/Division, and apparently MV Transportation got all of the Wheaton-Lombard contract. First Student Glen Ellyn is listed only for Glen Ellyn. I guess that explains why 2727-2735 were scattered among 674, 709, 711, and 715, even though the web indicated on Friday that those routes were distributed among two contractors. Apparently, it was only one.

BTW, I don't believe that the contract award was ever on the Pace contract awards page.

• 1 month later...
Guest metralink

anyone been out on the extended route 747 west of Wheaton? Is this still operated by West Division. Did Pace make any bus stop improvements?

What about the new Addison service on #711 and #715

Both these routes are big steps in DuPage County for Pace

anyone been out on the extended route 747 west of Wheaton? Is this still operated by West Division. Did Pace make any bus stop improvements?

I saw, but did not ride, 711 and 715. As noted above, all ElDorados. Also, no new bus stop signs were posted, as of a month ago, although there was a new bus stop sign for 709 at the Wheaton station.

• 2 weeks later...

711 and 715 are run with Eldorados, as mentioned.

And 747 is still run out of West. Although, I should mention, and this might concern me, that there aren't many riders west of Oakbrook. Normally everyone boards at the Mall or points east, but not really anywhere west.